Volunteers are compassionate, understanding and non-judgemental adults of all backgrounds and experiences enabling them to meet the needs of those facing a life-limiting illness or grieving the
loss of a loved one.
- Hospice volunteers provide companionship to clients and support and respite to caregivers. They also support those who are grieving.
- Hospice volunteers have completed a recognized training program and are carefully selected to be able to provide the support needed for those facing the end of life and for those who are
- All Hospice volunteers undergo a RCMP Police Information Check and sign a confidentiality pledge.
Opportunities for Volunteering:
- One on One Palliative Care support
- Bereavement support to individuals or help facilitate the drop-in grief support group
- Administrative Support
- Participating in community information events
- Serving on the Hospice Board
If you are interested in becoming a Hospice Volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form below and mail it to the Merritt & District Hospice Society. For more information, call
A copy of the forms to be filled out for the Police Information Check can be requested from our office. In addition to the completed forms, two pieces of ID
(minimum one photo) are required to be presented at the time of application.
Please note that:
There is a minimum 14 day processing period.
Applications are only accepted on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
The results of the Police information Check will only be given to the applicant.